- August 4th was number eleven on the losses chart (-512.76)
- August 8th was number six on the losses chart (-634.76)
- August 9th was number ten on the gains chart (+429.92)
- August 10th was number nine on the losses chart (-519.83)
- August 11th was number eleven on the gains chart (+423.37)
While August 2011 did end with some positive days for the markets, don't expect this to continue throughout September. Recent indicators already suggest the economy is back at 2009 levels. This will create more uncertainty for the markets, meaning more sideways movement. Those "Top 20" charts may have some new entries on them by the time this month ends.